About Pole Creek
MEETING PEOPLE WHERE THEY ARE AND LEADING THEM TO BECOME MORE LIKE JESUS
To meet people where they are and lead them to become like Jesus through multi-generational ministry.
To connect people with Christ and His church, growing them in faith, hope, and love, reproducing disciples for mission and ministry.
+ Pole Creek exists to glorify God by enjoying Him and extending His Kingdom. This defines our purpose.
+ Pole Creek will dream great things from God and dare great things for God. This displays our power.
+ Pole Creek’s passion is for obeying the Great Commandment and fulfilling the Great Commission. This describes our passion.
Learn more about our beliefs as a church family. VISIT OUR BELIEFS PAGE
OVER ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF LOVING THIS COMMUNITY
A revival was held at Sodom (a building on Sodom Mountain), and some 20-25 were saved and baptized. It was decided that the community needed a church. Pole Creek was organized on September 30, 1916.
THE FIRST CHURCH BUILDING
The first church building was located at the intersection of Milksick Cove, Pole Creek and Cathey Roads. It was a one room wood building heated by a potbelly stove. The pulpit area was raised. The wall area was built in a bay effect with two windows. The pews were long slatted benches. To the left side of the pulpit was a two bench "amen" corner.
THE SECOND BUILDING
The second building was located beside the first one and built on February 28, 1947. The concrete block basement was divided into Sunday School rooms. The rest of the building was of wood with asbestos siding. It was heated by a coal furnace and the pews were wood theater-type seats.
THE THIRD BUILDING
Located across the road from the origional site, the third building was built April 10, 1961. It is a brick building and was heated by an oil furnace. Additional Sunday School rooms were added in 1971. This Educational building was three floors. A fellowship hall and kitchen were located on the bottom floor.
EXPANDING THE CHURCH
Under the blessings of God, Pole Creek experienced phenomenal growth, and in 1981 ground was broken to signal the beginning of construction which would double the size of the auditorium. The first service was held in this new edifice on January 3, 1982. Pole Creek has continued to see many new members added by professions of faith and baptism; also, by letter and statement.
THE FAMILY LIFE CENTER
Built in 2000, the Family Life Center is not just for entertainment, but is used as a tool to reach out to all ages of the neighborhood. We thank God for blessing us with such a wonderful facility to evangelize and embrace the community.
FELLOWSHIP HALL & GROUND BREAKING
Ground was broken for our new Fellowship Hall-Education Building on September 12, 1999 and it was dedicated on April 1, 2001. Pole Creek continues to reach people for Christ and to strengthen and expand its ministries for the cause of Christ. May the blessings of God rest upon this church as we seek to carry out our commission.